A couple keys to a successful Senior Project Manager…
- Collaborate with the project team to identify the approach, deliverables, schedule and tools to deliver the project within established constraints. Build an environment that fosters ongoing creativity.
- Work with client team as well as any and all members of assigned project team to estimate costs and timing for project tasks and deliverables.
- Coordinate all activities of the project team and ensure that project tasks are completed by: scheduling and facilitating team meetings, communicating action steps, and delivering weekly status reports to the project team, the client and management.
- Develop and demonstrate an understanding of the client’s business, their needs, expectations, requirements and success measures.
- Client point-of-contact for all day-to-day project related issues
- Manage project financial lifecycle, including estimates, revenue forecasts, invoicing, payables, receivables, etc. May also oversee a Project Manager who is responsible for updating and maintaining financial documents.
- Own account status, hours and expense management for their assigned projects as well as identify issues in profitability across projects.
- Manage vendor/third party relationships (i.e. such as photographers, stock photo services, and video production).
- Provide leadership to project teams through all phases of the project lifecycle, providing coaching and motivation.
- 5-7 years of experience managing interactive projects, preferably in a consulting or agency environment.
- Bachelor's degree required, Master's degree preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of one or more of the following: software development life cycles, web technologies, web development processes and the delivery of solutions with creative and engineering components, media and advertising projects, digital strategy projects.
- Advanced understanding of project management methodology including the ability to identify and resolve issues, manage risk, develop detailed work plans and specifications, perform resource allocations and run team meetings.
- A track record of delivering complex projects on time and on budget while maintaining effective client and team relationships preferably with digital projects.